Monday, April 26, 2010

28 weeks - a little cabbage patch kid with some attitude!!

Baby and I had a very busy week and weekend on week 28. I had a rummage sale with my sister and Joni that week, so I was busy during the week preparing for the rummage, and then all evening on Friday and Saturday until early afternoon. Baby Q and I attended RaeAnn's baby shower on Saturday afternoon; she is having a boy so it was neat to see all the little boy stuff, and I was glad to see some of the baby stuff that maybe we should keep our eyes on! Then I went out to the farm and helped Mom with a project. Afterwards, we went to Walmart to buy ingredients for the two egg bakes and French toast bakes that I was making for early mother's day brunch the next morning. Ben was in Huron visiting his nephew who was in town during the evening, but got home in time to help me finish cleaning the house as the bakes went into the fridge. I went to bed more exhausted than I've felt since the first trimester. We got up early the next morning to put the bakes in before we went to church. This is the third time I've used our second oven, but man was it very handy!!!

All of the bakes turned out wonderfully- if anybody wants some good brunch recipes, let me know I have some on hand now!!! And the pre-mother's day celebration was very nice - I got my first mother's day card from my mother!

Here's a few pictures from the mother's day brunch:
Baby news from week 28:

The baby is getting more and more active all the time! During week 28, I could tell that she had learned a few new things - how to be awake more often, how to kick/punch/elbow mom over and over and over and over and over..., how to hang out on one side of my belly so that her mom's belly button is off centered, and how to punch/kick my mom's ribs at the same time as I punch/kick the bottom of my womb! It's really fun... she can be quite a handful already!

No comments:

Post a Comment