Saturday, April 10, 2010

Week 26, A very active eggplant with occasional hiccups

So the past few weeks our little one has bene very active. Up until week 25, I could feel her move around, but mostly at night when I laid down to sleep.

Now, for the past two weeks, I've been feeling her move a lot more often! She has her awake times, which seem pretty regular. She is awake appx every 2-3 hours, and she is usually awake for about 30 minutes. Or at least active for about 30 minutes. Additionally, I can feel her moving from the outside in a lot more places on my belly. It used to be that I could just feel her on the right hand side at the bottom of my belly. Now, I feel her movements from the outside on the top of my belly, in the middle and in the bottom of my belly, so pretty much everywhere.

It is a lot of fun to have her be so active! I had every right to be anxious about feeling her regularly move, because it really is quite reassuring and it's a wonderful regular reminder she is growing! It is also very nice that Ben gets to feel her moving around regularly now too, whereas prior to week 25 he had to have some patience..

During week 25, she woke me up one morning with the hiccups. She didn't have them for long, so I didn't have to stay awake for long and I didn't feel bad for her either!

At work yesterday, somebody asked me how many weeks I had left. I hadn't thought about it in those terms for a while, and when I did the math and then said "14", I couldn't believe it. I thought I must have done the math wrong.. I can't believe I am on 2 weeks away from my third trimester. And I can't believe we are 14 weeks (well, approximately obviously) from meeting our little girl. Wow - that's so exciting. We've got a lot to do still, but luckily we still have time. We'd better get on it!!


Month by Month side by sides: (Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr)





The baby and I posing with the "party animal" onesie that Kelli and the Kimball kids picked out for our little one. I think they did a good job; we all know she's going to be a handful!

No comments:

Post a Comment