Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Week 29: A rockin' little butternut squash

Since week 29 ended today, I thought I best get a post out, even if I don't have time to upload and post pictures. I will have to add some later on...
This week baby and I went on quite the adventure! We went to the cities with some good friends to celebrate Amber's bachelorette party. We left on Friday, after we had our Glucola test (which came back negative for gestational diabetes - yay!) and doctor visit. Everything went well at the doctor visit, so that was nice assurance to leave on!
Anyhow, we enjoyed some Cheesecake Factory food for our first night out in the cities - and I highly recommend their chicken bellagio, it was great! We also hit up a H&M and found some cute clearance items for baby girl.
On Saturday we started at David's Bridal, helping the last bridesmaid pick out her dress. Then the rest of the day was filled with shopping at the Mall of America. I found some delightful prego outfits at H&M, some good dress clothes for Ben, and found shoes for the wedding, so the shopping trip was a success for me!!
Saturday evening was spent at the Shout House - which was so much fun!! We ended up sitting next to a great group and we all really enjoyed ourselves. Baby Q and I did so much dancing - that I'll be honest, I was a little afraid of the fact that maybe I was a little too hard on her... she was soooo still all night, she was apparently just LOVING the music and the dancing! Anyhow, about 15 minutes after I laid down, she was all kinds of on fire - it was her turn to dance!!
Sunday we took a little swim. It was Baby Q's first swim - and I wore the swimsuit that my mother wore when she was pregnant with me - that was really neat! :-)
On our way out of town, we stopped at Kelli's parent's restaurant, the Windmill, and had some absolutely delicious brunch - the BEST pancakes I've ever had. If you are ever near Savage, you must go.
So, we all had such a good time, and it was so fun to have Baby Q along with us for the roadtrip and the fun!!

This week I'm overwhelmed with the International Partner Conference (I've been leading the planning of this conference for the last five months, but it's consumed me for the last month!!). Let's just say, I really need to go to sleep, so Baby Q and I can finish the week out strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment