Sunday, May 23, 2010

Week 31 - the weight of four navel oranges and stil the length of a laptop...

One of the biggest changes from week 31 to week 32 is our little girl's level of activity. She seems to be awake nearly all the time... she moves quite a lot, and she doesn't care how that makes me feel. Sometimes, I am a little surprised by how aggressive her movements or punches/kicks can actually seem. I still love it, but it isn't nearly as cute as it once was when they were little pokes that just seemed amusing.

It is simply amazing still... this little girl inside me, and I am in regular awe of it. When she moves, I want my hand on my belly to make her understand I am there for her.

One of my favorite 'family moments' so far is the fact that when Ben felt her moving around recently, and we decided she was dancing, he told me what he pictured her doing inside. He said that he pictures her dancing around like Beyonce on "All the single ladies" video. This completely cracked me up, and then he started singing "All the single babies, all the single babies", which has now stuck, and he sings when she is active.. It's the best...

This week I have also experienced a noticeable difference in my ability to put my shoes on, bend over, get up from sitting on the ground, leaning down, etc. It isn't nearly the same as it once was, and I find myself really having to maneuver in order to get up. I guess that is what happens when you are into your seventh month!
Over the weekend we went to the cities to the wedding of Jon Wainright, a friend of ours from St. Cloud. Not only did we get to go to the wedding, we also got to spend time with the nephews and I got to join in Joni's wedding dress shopping afternoon! Here's some pics from our weekend.
Our big boy nephews, Wyatt (7 months old) and Brody (4 years old)











The Wainright wedding:









2 comments:

  1. I am pretty sure "when she moves, I want my hand on my belly to make her understand I am there for her" is one of the sweetest things I have ever read.
    You may be regularly in awe of that baby in your belly, but I am in awe of you. I think your mothering skills are already "simply amazing".

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Kelli, that was so sweet of you... I can't believe the way I feel when I don't even have the little one in my arms yet, and I appreciate your kind words!!

    ReplyDelete