Sunday, May 30, 2010

32 weeks - Mom... the walls are closing in on me....

This week, it is obvious that our little girl is getting bigger, and my comfy nest for her isn't growing at the rate she is. Instead of a lot of kicking and beating me up, there is a lot of pressure movement. Her favorite spots to feel for room are up on my right rib cage and then down, far down on my left hand side. And usually, she's feeling out both areas at the same time. This can be pretty amusing for me... it was only a week or so ago that I could feel her in two areas at the same time. I can also feel her doing more sweeping movements across my belly - again, more at the top of my belly - this has been for the last week or so.

Also new this week, Ben is pretty sure he could hear her heart beat through my stomach. Though we can't be entirely sure, it seems possible.. so that is kind of neat...

My body is starting to feel more of the typical summer pregnancy type things.. I deal with swollen feet a lot more this last week or so. If I am careful about what shoes I wear, my water versus other liquid intake, watch the salt intake, and limit how much I am on my feet, I seem to be able to control it - and ankles remain... but some days, cankles are definitely unavoidable. I am also definitely more hot than everyone else; a fan is usually near me.. She keeps me very warm!!

This week I also started to struggle with a sinus infection. Thank goodness I was able to get into my massage therapist right away to take care of it. I also got a good adjustment for my neck and my back - I can tell my body feels a lot more in sync, and my back has been less sore!

Our nephew, Brody (4 years old), has a tendency to scowl at me. So when he does this, I have been telling him, that if he is making faces at me, he is also doing it to the baby - and the baby doesn't like it! This gets a bit of a giggle out of him, and sometimes makes him quit with the scowling! ;-) I have gotten to spend a bit of time holding, playing with and feeding our nephew, Wyatt (8 months old); and it seems when Wyatt is with me, she knows I have another baby in my arms, because she seems to act up a little more. She makes sure I don't forget she is there.

Ben got the cradle put together this week. It is in the nursery right now with the crib, until we rearrange our room for it. The first time Ben walked by the room he said - it makes me feel like we are going to have twins. Thank goodness that isn't the case!!

Proof that we are going to be really good at this parenting thing... or at least on camera it will appear that we are...
:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment