Time is flying! And Lincoln is growing! According to our scale, he is now weighing in at 21 pounds! He is a big boy, and it is clear that he is approaching the timeline of wanting to eat solids! He watches very intently as we eat - and if he is on my lap when I eat, he follows the spoon all the way back to my mouth - and/or when I drink. At times, he will even try to intercept! We have really large cups for our water, and I have to be sure to hold it tightly or he swats it away...
We were planning to wait to the six month mark, but he seems a little prepared for it now, so perhaps we'll start a little earlier; the cereal is already on our shelf so it is just a matter of when we want to start incorporating it in the routine.
He comes home from daycare in a different outfit every day... makes me wish the G-Diapers had worked for him (cause even though those are a mess, Olivia's outfits weren't frequently soiled), maybe I should give them a go again now that he is a different size?
When I went to Europe, over Valentine's day week, when I came back one of the biggest things I noticed was that Lincoln was really grabby - he wanted to grab at my face, he reached out and grabbed his toys a lot better than he did before, and in general, he just seemed a lot more interactive than he had before I left.
He was already a little vocal (likes to wail even when he is basically sleeping), but this month his vocalization is also a little more interactive. He makes little grunty sounds and goes back and forth with you when you grunt then he grunts, etc. And a lot of squealing with different and new tones each day. And his giggle is coming along nicely. He has developed a sense of humor - enjoying all of us, but especially enjoys a good game of tug of war!
The 'jump-a-jump' came out about a month ago, and as long as he isn't tired when we put him in, he seems to enjoy it and wear himself out to a point that he falls asleep in it sometimes. Maybe not the best sleep, but it is what it is..
He still sleeps well during the night, of course, mom and dad have made it easy on him by co-sleeping. But fairly regularly I get to lay him down in his cradle until he wakes up for the first time in the night, which is sometimes a solid amount of sleep for mom. He usually crashes about 7:30, so if I went to sleep at that same time, I'd really be in for a good night. I don't however, and so typically after going to bed around 10ish, I get about 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep before he joins us... Maybe we'll get him into the crib some day... but for now, a momma needs her sleep :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment