Saturday, September 22, 2012

Possibly one of the longest weeks of my life...

I posted this pic on facebook last night, and everyone agreed, he is definitely up to something this week.. However, not up to something enough to come out. 
This was Sunday night of last week against Friday night - pretty significant change in my book...


Today we spent the morning hanging out with Kelli at our place and then went for a nice brisk walk.  I took a short nap in the early afternoon and then made three new recipes for my work picnic, which I didn't think I would be attending on account of the fact that I was planning to have a very new newborn this week ;-)  Actually, when it was planned, I made the assumption that I might end up being able to bring baby along.  Nope, baby brother happily  stayed put so that I could go join the festivities. 

Anyhow, I was happy to get three new recipes made - and GOOD ONES too!  I made a cheesy cornbread, Bayou Brownies (blonde brownies, with cream cheese type topping, yum!) and Tabbouleh. They were all fabulous and it seemed that people enjoyed them - most of each was gone! 

We spent a couple hours out at Hillcrest park with the work group - Olivia was good for most of it, but she seems to have something going on in general right now - something related to her tummy.  She didn't eat supper last night (first time ever for us); didn't even want a snack when offered.  This morning she ate her cereal okay and then part of a donut.  She ate pizza at lunch and then blueberries for after nap snack.  She ate melon and cornbread at the picnic, but basically spit out anything else that she tried... and she ate a small serving of yogurt for snack.  However, cookies didn't seem to be an issue.  But she did mention her tummy and her butt hurting several times, so we'll be keeping an eye on that...  Poor girl!

I'm proud that I still have ankles, and I can still wear my wedding ring.  But there are so many other things that have been painful/problematic that I didn't deal with last time around, so I guess it is some sort of trade off...  just to make me feel like things are 'better' this time ;-)

That's the update for now. Hopefully the exercise, combined with being on my feet most of the day and some good fresh air will inspire labor to start.  If not, I'll start a new 'to do' list tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment