Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Four days from due date, but it's been 276 days since we made you...

So we aren't even to your due date, 23 September, but I am not going to lie, I've been super anxious to meet you baby boy!  But telling myself each day might be a blessing in disguise, as our world is going to be turned upside down with more than one child... One was easy, two is likely crazy town - we don't even have a clue yet!

Things I've thought about over the last twenty-four hours:

How can you make me so uncomfortable for hours, and then I can have hours where I don't notice you at all?

I should have forfeited a little bit of Livvy time to go to aqua aerobics, because maybe my body would be more prepared for you to come out.

Here I was worried we could go earlier than we did last time (six days early with your big sister).

Did we calculate your due date right?  For a while there was debate about it being the 28th of September.  I really hope that this is not your real due date!

Sometimes I worry that something bad is going to happen to you this late in the game.  I want you out so I can physically see your well being and not have to worry about some catastrophe happening before delivery.

I'm getting newer and/or more pronounced stretch marks daily.

Will you come out and smell like a DQ blizzard?  I've sure been eating enough Mud Pie blizzards that I sometimes wonder.

You're making the whole family wait for you!  I have people calling or texting and checking in daily.  Grandma Janie's been 'on the line' for the last several weeks, to come at our beckon call when you decide you want to join us!

Olivia loves you so much... I really hope she continues to feel the same way when you join us out here... she came into bed this morning and said "Mommy, I missed you! and I LOOOVE baby brother too!" and then she gave you a big, long kiss and pulled away with such a grin.  Olivia and I took a trip, just the two of us, to the Children's museum.  In the family bathroom she saw the changing table and she said "when Baby Brother comes out, you are going to change his diaper on the changing table, right mommy?"  Lastly, she's been referring to you as Lincoln... and since the first time she did this, that name has meant a little more to me than our other choices for you.  So unless you come out and you don't look to mom and dad like a Lincoln, you will be named Lincoln!
I go back and forth between wanting you to be in my arms, and being glad you are still in my tummy... it's bittersweet really.

I know it will happen when the time is right.  But since I like to schedule things, do you mind just cluing me in on your timeline?  I have a hard time living 'day to day' so to speak.  We finally made chili tonight, because I wanted to make it nearly a week ago, but didn't want the leftovers to go to waste if we went into labor.  Clearly that wasn't a concern, so we finally went ahead and made it tonight! 

Do you want to join the world on the 21st?  That was your Grandpa Kevin's birthday.  That would be a nice honor to him...  I thought that maybe you'd want to join us on Papa Larry's birthday, 18 Sept, heck, I thought you might want to join for Amber or Dori's birthday, but you definitely weren't ready then ;-)  Or maybe you want to come on a day when no body close to us has a birthday (this is kind of difficult in September sweetie, so just keep that in mind).

I have a work party this Saturday at Hillcrest park. I'm debating whether I'd prefer to be in labor with you, or to attend with you still chillin in my belly.

You can do what you want to do, because you are your own little being...  but I'm asking you to be a little careful not to stay in too long, as I don't want to have to force your entry into this world by a real induction.  Okay sweetheart?

1 comment: