Baby boy is really full inside of me.. he sits, as he has for most of my pregnancy, on the right hand side of my body. You can even see when you look at my belly straight on, as the belly is kind of crooked! I told the doctor at our last week's appointment (last Friday) that I felt like neither of us have any room, and when she gave me an exam she felt him from the outside of my tummy and said "you aren't kidding me, he is really right there". I find this all strange because my placenta is anterior, so I understood that he wouldn't be right up on the outside - maybe that's why he sits on the right, maybe the placenta sticks to the left.
The last week I've had plenty of low back pain and swollen feet. Makes me wish I had some time to dedicate myself to some aqua aerobics, but at this point, I'm not interested. I consider myself lucky up until this point, so if these last few weeks are bad, so be it... And as for the swollen feet, at least I am not wearing men's flip flops at this point - which was the case for the last month or so, I think, with my pregnancy with Olivia! The other day I decided to wear dressy sandals to work - within the hour, I saw that my feet were puffing through them, so yeah, not the most attractive look, I changed into my Nike flip flops after that meeting ;-)
I'm thankful that even though I wanted to go last week, I didn't, because I really had a lot of things at work that have just gotten wrapped up with somewhat of a nice 'bow' on them. Though I've had my share of 'bombs dropped' too, so really just looking forward to knowing I am out for a while ;-) Dealing with things is so different when you aren't sure if you will be there the next day..
I had an all day work meeting today, and a smaller items to tick off my list at work to feel more comfortable about 'wrapping things up'. I need to finish a few emails tonight. And I have a few minor items I'd like to do tonight yet at home. At this point, hoping we can have some magic again, as when we were at the doctor we had her perform the extra procedure that might have been what put us into labor with Olivia. So we will cross our fingers again!
Here's some fun pics - side by side of Olivia's pregnancy (left) next to baby brother at 38 weeks.
This is a pic of baby boy at 37 weeks, but it shows how much to the right he normally sits. Yeah, don't know what his deal is, but he's always seemed to hang out more and apply more pressure on the right side.

good luck with everything! hope the "extra procedure" works (it did with Isaac!) love ya!
ReplyDeletedidn't work this time around... we might have tried a little too early... he can cook some more if that's what he wants. apparently telling him nicely to listen to mommy and the doctor. thankfully i'm back to sleeping a little better, so that is nice in advance of his arrival!
ReplyDeletewe may try again at our appointment on Tuesday if he hasn't arrived by then!