Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Little boy is not so little right now (at 35.5 weeks)

Based on the regular maternity belt usage for the last several weeks, the last week's nights of uncomfortable sleeping, this little boy might be telling me, he isn't so little anymore!
I love feeling him move around, and I feel like he pushes himself out a lot more than Olivia did, as she regularly just stuck her toes up into my ribcage (or at least that is what I remember the most).  Baby boy seems to roll around alot and push in places randomly, so his movements are less anticipated - as I don't know where he's going to punch next... I would say that he regularly hangs out more on the right hand side of my belly.  Recently, I tried to apply some pressure to push him back to the middle area of the womb, but I immediately felt pressure all the way on the opposite lower side of my womb, so he apparently is taking all of it up - not just hanging out on one side ;-)
Today was probably the first day that I can say my feet actually swelled a little bit (outside of when I traveled to France which was shortlived while I was there).  Not bad, but enough to realize it is a possiblity now..
Nights are really tricky right now.. basically anytime I go to switch sides, I wake up and have to use the potty... the last few nights that's been closer to 3-4 times a night (with my record night at 5 potty breaks!).  It's a big production for me to get out of bed, and I'm sure it isn't helping Ben sleep either ;-)
As I type this, I've felt "baby brother" press out in basically all areas of my tummy... but regularly in the right hand lowest corner - at the same time as the top left/mid area of my tummy - would that be his little butt and feet?  I'm really never that sure with him!

Lately, Olivia has been talking a lot about how baby brother is sleeping in mommy's tummy.  And if I tell her that he's actually awake and moving around, she tells him to go to sleep.  Such sass.  The other night she was rock-a-bying her Mignon or maybe it was French baby - either way, it made me a little concerned about how much BIG help our LITTLE helper will actually be - especially with her 'I do it all by myself' stuff...  

Can I just say, I am starting to get excited?!!!  He can still wait to join us till the week of his due date, but I am excited for his arrival...  Hoping to make more progress in his nursery this weekend and get some pics up...

We received the cutest baby gift ever tonight, from Kelli, aren't these precious?  Little ties.. can't wait to put these on him for the next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment