Sunday, August 26, 2012

Baby brother's room and week 36 update

This weekend we spent some time in Baby Brother's room.  We put away baby brother's clothes, and we decorated a little bit by hanging some of the prints for his room. 

Olivia was a big helper for a lot of laundry!  I went to my friend's pre-rummage sale who has a 18 month boy, and we have very similar clothing taste, so I took home a jackpot of cute boy clothes!  And, we also received two large boxes of baby boy clothes from my cousin Karissa, who had gotten them from our cousin Amy. There was a lot to sort through - and Olivia was very helpful as you can imagine (see below).
 





I measured my belly today, as I realized that this is the same week that we did our maternity photos last time around.  It seemed that I was smaller this time around, but from my side by side photos, I could never really tell.  My bump measured in at 49" last time around, and this time, closer to 46", so yes, there is a difference between the two, a 3" difference, even if it doesn't appear that way from the photos!  It makes sense why he feels so much tighter against everything inside... why I have more bathroom trips... and I wonder if he is too far back to be playing with his toes against my ribcage, like Olivia did when she moved around...

On our anniversary date night, Ben was sassing me about our languages of love, and mentioning that my gift giving abilities still haven't improved significantly (and this is one of his languages of love - from a book we read long ago).  I said, "I know, I'm sorry, but I think I do make an effort..." and he said, well what I said wasn't exactly true, you do make great gifts, you make excellent babies!  What a perfect thing to say and for him to feel!  Nine months of growing a baby is truly a significant amount of work, so it is really nice to be recognized for it!

Olivia still talks about baby brother in ways we didn't realize she understood... One morning this week she pointed to my belly and said "Baby brother is going to come out and then he is going to sleep in there (pointed to the bassinet next to our bed)."  Yes, yes he is Olivia (insert Ben and I looking at each other, thinking, honestly, neither of us have said that directly like she just did, how did she say it so fluidly.. sh really gets it)!

This last week, I had to take my right hand rings off (my grandmother's wedding rings), as they were starting to feel just a little too tight.  Fortunately, my wedding ring has continued to make an appearance, though I am sure that might change shortly too...  I have only had a rare swelling of the ankles, which has also been a welcomed blessing - I assumed when I was due end of Sept, that I'd spend the majority of the summer with no ankles...

The countdown is truly on... and my hospital bag is being packed.  So exciting; "Baby Brother", the three of us are anxiously awaiting your arrival (though we are happy for you to stay put until your due date)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment