Today we went to our first unscheduled pregnancy appointment, realizing that makes me recognize how blessed and lucky we've been about our pregnancies.
We went to the doctor this morning because of how I felt on Tuesday. In hind sight, I am really guessing it is related to the activity that I had helping with sleep training the previous night (blog post to come on that), but on Wednesday, I was worried that I'd feel that way again soon without realizing why I might have felt bad contractions on Tuesday. Anyhow, fortunately on Wednesday my contractions seemed normal again, but still wanted to get checked in case.
We went to the doctor this morning because of how I felt on Tuesday. In hind sight, I am really guessing it is related to the activity that I had helping with sleep training the previous night (blog post to come on that), but on Wednesday, I was worried that I'd feel that way again soon without realizing why I might have felt bad contractions on Tuesday. Anyhow, fortunately on Wednesday my contractions seemed normal again, but still wanted to get checked in case.
The next part might be TMI for those that don't want to read on, don't do so...
Olivia and Dad joined (as they usually do!) and they went to take some samples - long story short, when they were doing the culture, I did get a
preview of labor... because I had a physical reaction to the
pressure of the speculum against my cervix (she had a doctor term for this) which basically made
my blood pressure drop, I got nauseated and dizzy and sweaty, etc. – it was
pretty reminiscent to labor – which was scary! Glad Ben was with me… anyhow, it only took an hour or so to recover from the spell, but again, a little too scary for 33 weeks along!
Lastly, and most importantly, they did a test which basically
is only helpful if it turns out negative – I won’t get results till tomorrow
morning. But if it turns out negative, it means that we can be 99% sure that I
won’t deliver in the next two weeks. However, if it turns out positive, it
doesn’t mean anything (so it doesn’t mean that I will deliver within 2 weeks if
positive, but it doesn’t mean I won’t either…). Strange, but let’s just be
crossing all our fingers for a negative result so we can feel comfortable
again. Or as Kelli recommended, I will be sure to cross my legs too...
Here's a pic from tonight, baby boy, fortunately, still inside and me feeling good enough to enjoy this yummy dessert that Yuliya, a colleague/friend, brought over for us to enjoy!
(update: the test was negative, which means baby is very very likely staying put for at least another 2 weeks - yay!)
Yeah - we had one of those - told us there was a blood clot on my cervix and had to be on bed rest. Went back a month later - not a blood clot, just a dark spot. Such worry for cooking these little ones! Glad all turned out well!!
ReplyDelete