Every night Olivia has to read at least one of her big sister books. She has three now, some nights we have to read all three. She usually talks a bit during these, and says some pretty cute stuff:"i'm a big sister"
"baby brother likes milk? i like milk too"
"baby brother crying?"
"mommy, daddy, livvy, and baby brother"
Sometimes she has to give mommy's tummy a kiss after we read a book or when we talk about baby brother. The other night, she reached her arm over and patted my belly and said 'baby brother moving?' and then left her hand there. The funny part, is that he was moving... I don't know that she really felt him move, but she was adorable about it! He moves around quite a big when she's near him, whichever side she sits by the bump, he moves to it and applies pressure. It's pretty sweet when you think about it.
I'm nearly 32 weeks along now; some days I feel like I am and other days I don't. He is really becoming a lot more active regularly, I usually read back since I kept weekly notes for Olivia's pregnancy, and it seems like he has followed suit for the most part. She also was a lot more awake after 30 weeks. My ankles haven't started swelling - and for as hot as it is - I can't believe it. I am still wearing my rings too... I'm probably jinxing it by talking about it. I think I am on the cusp of when they had to come off last time around, so I am sure I am nearing it again.
I still don't feel as big as I did with Olivia. I probably need to measure - and see how close I am - I think I measured her at some point?
At our last checkup, over a week ago now (at 30 weeks) - she told us we were measuring 32, which then she said is always 'give or take 2 weeks'. Still scares me. I don't want him to come too early. I might regret saying this, but with how much I have going on at work, I'd really like to buy a couple more weeks before he comes! Though, let's be honest, we really can't wait to meet him. And Olivia, has been a patient little girl too!
I also need to get a few maternity photos taken.. we probably won't do a full shoot like when we were pregnant with Olivia, but we definitely need to get a few of the bump, and with Olivia too - she loves this little brother in Mom's tummy and who knows how she will feel when he comes out ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment