Friday, June 11, 2010

34 weeks - a big sassy bag of sugar!

So this week our baby is the same weight as a bag of sugar, and I think her core is probably the same size too... she seems massive, and again, I continuously feel like I haven't made enough room for her...

This week I realized that I have been having braxton hicks contractions. Apparently I just didn't know what they were. I know they feel different for many people, so my description would be tightness across the top of my belly - and when I poke it my belly is rock hard. I probably get about 3 or 4 during the day, and they last about one minute. There are only a few circumstances where it hurts when they happen, so, again, I feel lucky that they aren't too bad for me!

Another thing that happened this week is that I believe I scared our little girl... she was really kicking one foot out hard continuously, so I kind of grabbed at it in a pinching motion - and her foot instantly shot back along with her entire body - which went back into my pelvis. I felt so bad about it!!

On Tuesday I thought a litle bit of a heal didn't seem like a big deal, boy was I wrong. By the time I got into the car after work, my feet were so swollen I could barely get my shoes off! So, I guess I learned my lesson there!

We had a lot going on this week... couple highlights - on Tuesday we met up with the Nogelmeier's in Watertown. Amber and Lucas are expecting a little girl the first week of July, but it seems she is going to be coming into the world a little earlier!! It was fun getting to hear how Amber was feeling with things, but scary to think we'll soon be to that point, where it could literally be any day! Nogs were nice enough to have us for supper even with that going on - we figure this is the last time we'll be able to get together as childless adults, so we went for it!
On Thursday Ben and I took baptism preparation class, so we are glad to have that taken care of. Our little girl will likely be baptised at the end of September!

I can't remember if I have mentioned this on the site before, but I really get a kick out of the reactions of people who haven't seen me in a while - one minute somebody says "Oh my gosh, I can't believe how big you are!!! you're so big!!" and then the next person says "There is no way you can be that far along, you just aren't big at all are you??" It's funny stuff...
So here's a side by side, since it has been a while... and apparently I am shrinking... okay I think the photos are just taken from a different distance...
week 9 (2 months), week 25 (6 months plus), and week 34 (8 months)


No comments:

Post a Comment