We recently posted a video to facebook of Olivia singing one of her favorite songs right now, You are my sunshine. Check it out here! Olivia also sings several other songs. She likes Baa Baa Black Sheep, Twinkle Twinkle, The ABCs (though it is a little off of what it should be - and sometimes turns into Happy Birthday), Happy Birthday, Where is Thumbkin, Away in the Manger, Jingle Bells, and she hums the theme to 30 Rock (because her father and I do this too - ba ba, bababadaba ba, ba badaba ba...).
A few weekends ago, we had some little ones and some friends over for a little pumpkin carving and some pumpkin painting. The kids had the most fun washing the paint off of their hands in an ice cream bucket of water and running through the mountains of leaves in our yard. We had a nice afternoon with the four children playing well together and the weather cooperating outside! Check out some of the highlights in the same album that I posted earlier, from facebook, that includes pics from the pumpkin patch (so if you already saw those, just scroll to the end of this linked page).
Olivia's first scary dream ocurred last weekend. She told Ben and I about how "the King was in her room and he was moving around, and then he came and he pinched her finger and it was scary". We asked her what the king looked like and she told us it was her little people king. For a few nights after that, when she would get into her room, she would look all around and then tell Ben "there are no kings in here, right dad?". Poor girl!! I was scared about the kings for her! We think she had another dream last night, as she came out and told dad that he had just hit her leg... Let's hope this doesn't continue. I don't want her to have the active dream environment that her mother has always dealt with - it can be too much!
Olivia still continues to dote on her little brother. I've been amazed with the way she interacts with him. She has also pretty much settled from her side behavior with mom and dad, so we think she's settled into the change of having brother here and not worried about mom and dad 'leaving her again' (so to speak - with us being at the hospital and Grandma staying here).
We will post for Lincoln's one month update tomorrow, as he will be, four weeks old tomorrow!
Update, Olivia told me on Sunday night as I was laying her down for a nap that she had seen the King on the ceiling, but he was gone now. -Ben
ReplyDelete