Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Lincoln's One Month Update

Our one month checkup was yesterday; he was born on 25 Sept weighing 9lbs and 9oz and measuring 21".  At two weeks old, he weighed 10 lbs and 4oz.  At one month, he weighed in at 11 lbs and 2 oz. and measured 22" long.  His little sister, at her three week appointment weighed in at 14 oz more than her birth weight (8 lbs and 14 oz).  He has some 0-3 month clothing that are a little snug already... and I noticed that the size 2 diapers fit him much better than the size one diapers.  At this one month checkup, his weight is in the 85th percentile and his height is in the 97th percentile.

Dr.Olson said he behaves like a two month old, with his head control and the way he holds himself.  I told her he's really had that same behavior for the last two weeks or so.  He likes to put weight on his legs and hold his own head, especially when mom is trying to burp him - we have to spend some time letting him relax (if he will) before he can get properly burped..  He also puts himself on his side quite frequently; he did that just a few days after he was born.  I thought it was cause his back was so round, but he's starting to even out and he is still doing it!

He loves to sleep while being held (what baby doesn't?), or on his side or in the lounger.  He hasn't been a fan of the bassinet, but mom is still working on it. 

We always compared Olivia to a little pony.  I think he sounds more like a puppy or a kitten quite frequently.  I'm not sure that I've gotten any of it on video, so I need to work on that!

The last four weeks have gone by really fast.  I'm surprised with how quickly it is going.. I spend a lot of time in the chair nursing Lincoln - as he eats ever 2-3 hours - which means I've done plenty of TV watching.  It is possible with the exposure he's getting at a young age, he could be one of the following professions, related to the shows I have been watching: Chef (Gorden Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares), a Medium (Long Island Medium), a Picker (American Pickers).

He enjoys every bath he gets, this Sunday, Olivia got to help with her first bath for him.  Pic below.

He had his first bottle last Thursday; he didn't seem too pleased with it, but we made some mistakes - mom didn't fill it as full as she maybe should have! I thought I had 4 oz in there, but it was just over 3, not enough for the little guy!  And he was a little too hungry by the time he got it, because I hadn't put the bottle together right for dad, and dad had to dig through a million bags to find the missing piece - oops!!  So, he wasn't too good at latching on.  Tonight, he will get his second bottle as I will be going to a fundraiser event for the evening, so he might even get two bottles while I am gone!

 
Isn't this adorable?  If only they had been this cute before I ordered his birth announcements!
 
Sweet girl helping with our sweet little boy's tubby for the first time.  She ended up completely wet, but didn't care and really enjoyed helping him!
 
Why would you do this Mom and Dad?  Why?
 
Side by sides begin!  Can't believe how much he's changed!

2 comments:

  1. If you think the tv watching might lead to his future profession, then I guess it's a good thing you haven't been watching Dexter:-)
    Love the pumpkin pic. He really doesn't look too pleased about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good point! but I think I am calling on Monday to get us showtime, so we can catch up.. I am too anxious to see them to wait longer...
    He wasn't too pleased about the pumpkin situation - it was already 'past his bedtime'.. and we had tried it once already when he was just in a diaper, which he REALLY wasn't pleased with - because he stuck to the plastic tablecloth we had in there, and well, he was annoyed about the entire situation to be honest.. but we had to get a matching one to Olivia's pumpkin photo ( i need to maybe post a side by side of those two photos.. you know how I love the side by sides!

    ReplyDelete