At 15 days old, Lincoln and I went to the Sanford lactation counselor today. I was mostly interested in his weight check, but had some questions for the counselor as well. Anyhow, Lincoln was a good boy during the appointment. He barely made a noise!
He weighed in at 10lbs 5 oz - without his diaper, so true weight!
And then we measured in kilograms so we could see how much he weighed after a feeding. He nursed what I would say was a little laxidasical - a little lazy feed per se, and I always wondered if he was getting anything out of it.. well, in the end, he took in 1.5 ounces, so yes, I guess he's still nursing even if it seems lazy ;-)
Then Lincoln and I went to dad's work, so Ben could show him off. Dad was really excited to tell his stories and share his big feet with his colleagues!
One last thing, while I am thinking of it... Olivia was helping me change him the other day and she said "Mommy, Lincoln has a tail" - I looked at Ben, with a look that said, should we run with that? and he gave me a 'yep' look... so I said, yes Livvy he has a tail. The next day she was at daycare and told Theresa that the infant she was changing 'has a tail like Lincoln does'. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment