Things I've dealt with and/or learned over this last week:
It is now trickier for me to cut anything - I basically have to turn to the side to cut up anything because my belly is in the way of how I have to hold the knife handle if I am right in front of it.
Ben has to tie my shoes in the morning, and yes, I am wearing tennis shoes pretty much every day because otherwise my ankles are in too much pain and they swell...
Getting in and out of the grand prix is a bit of work. Getting up and down from the couch is even work... basically moving is work. And so is sitting. My mom says (and now I've heard it from others too), that the reason your last month is uncomfortable is so that you'll do anything to get the baby out of you - and therefore labor is more tolerable?! Not sure about how that will all pan out, but we'll see... we'll see soon enough!
My feet are swelling - they are definitely worse when I have a saltier diet and if I skip aqua aerobics they are also quite terrible. My feet now also have a rash all over them - both of them. It is the kind of rash that wakes you up itching in the night... I think I might take my doctor up on the offer of a topical steroid, because they aren't getting any better. Let's just say it is a good thing that I can't reach my feet to itch them, because they might be raw by now.. I had to buy 'fat feet' flip flops today. Every last pair of flip flops I've been wearing are just too tight!! I normally wear a woman's 9, but when I went to the store the women's 11 flip flops weren't even comfortable. So I purchased some men's ones and called it good! I'm calling them my fat flops!
Our doctor's appointment went well this week, my blood pressure is still doing good, etc. Additionally, the doctor let us know that we are progressing naturally, and so who knows - it could happen any day. And well, since she's said that, it's been really tricky to focus and everywhere I am - I frequently think, it could happen right now... we could be in labor in the next ten minutes... the other part of me says, 'oh settle down now', everyone starts progressing and many people have spent much more time in those 'natural progression states'. And even induced after such news from the doctor weeks prior.. So, long story short, I am not getting my hopes up, but it is insane to even think that our due date is even less than 3 weeks away. I can't believe how quickly time has gone by...
We are getting close to being able to post pics of the nursery - the bedset has arrived now.. the last dresser is going to arrive in Brookings tomorrow and still has to be painted... the new shades are ordered (though one is on back order, so that could mean it will come after baby does)...
But what I really need to do is post some of our couples maternity photos as I had promised... I should do that before the end of this holiday weekend! :-)
Today we got to visit our friends that just had their little girl last Monday. Sofia is adorable, weighing in at only 6lbs, she is just the cutest little thing. I am in awe of how well Amber has taken to being a mom, and how after only one week she seems quite comfortable with the entire thing. It was a very encouraging experience to witness that, and I hope that after one week I can feel close to that same way!
Here's a funny note to end on... we celebrated the fourth early with the Ohm family at the lake yesterday, and my cousin's daughter, Mary Lee, who is probably about 8 or 9 now, and is known for her one liners (though usually the things she says can be a little harsh;-) stated how cute my belly was several times in different ways:
"That baby just looks so good on you"
"I know that baby is going to be cute, because it's already so cute"
"I'm going to have another cousin, and I know I'm going to like her, because I already like her and she's inside that cute belly"
I wonder if she had some coaching before she came to the lake - about how Amanda is pregnant, and remember, we don't want to say anything about how big she is or how she looks huge, etc, etc... Either way, she flattered me and at this point, sincere or not, I'll take it!
No comments:
Post a Comment