Some good stories that I've been jotting down in my phone.. as 'those things we can't let ourselves forget'. These little nuggets have been noted with Olivia over the last six months, enjoy:
Olivia randomly asked one of us if we had an umbrella, and then threw her change (she regularly has a collection of change that she steals from dad's dresser) up in the air, and then said 'cause I'm making it rain"
She is in love with Mr. Moon. Anytime she sees the moon during the day she gets super excited and flips out. Usually she tells Mr.Moon that she loves him and she's so happy to see him.
She calls McDonalds "Old McDonalds" and even when corrected, she insists that it's Old MacDonalds.
She is so proud of her brother all the time. She gives him big hugs and really seems genuinely proud of him. Sometimes, she gives a little too much of a hug. "I'm so proud of you buddy", she says.
Her mother brought her some underwear from France on her last trip, and well, let's just say that when she went to show people her knew underwear, she really showed them - not so discreetly ;-)
Several months ago, when we were laying in bed one morning, Olivia said, "I am constantly getting frustrated to you"
Just recently she started to say, "You're making me nervous", but she doesn't really use it in the right context.
She was really funny when Kelli moved in, as she figured out that Kelli was here day in day out; she kept saying something like 'when you are going to go home?'. Kelli told us that one day Kelli mentioned something about her mom and Livvy excitedly said, "I have a mom!!" (as if it were a really bonding moment for the two of them). She also has asked several times if Kell's bestie, Erica, is Kelli's mom.
She gets very excited about the possibility of seeing "Peter cottontail" out in the yard. The excitement she exudes when she does get to see him, is hilarious!
She has been giving compliments over the last six months. My favorite was when she came along with me to get my big hair cut, right after it was cut off, but literally looked terrible she said "Mom, I really really like it - you look beautiful!!"
She told me one day as she was peeling a banana, "I'm making the banana nudey".
When we recently saw a plane flying, I told her "we are going to fly on a plane together with daddy and Lincoln in December." And she said to me, "Mommy, where are we going to land?" She also gets really excited when she sees planes, so much so that she'll get the attention of practically an entire 100 person birthday party at the park, to let them know there is an airplane going through!
She's been talking about her dreams a lot lately. She has dreams about dinosaurs and dragons. They usually are nice dinosaurs 'they are my friends' and she tells us about their colors too.
And one of my favorites was the way she told me about the fact that her 'tail was going to start growing'. She has a big story about how it was going to grow and "get bigger and bigger and bigger" and then I can hold it and stand up to pee like daddy. Best part of that story was that when she got done telling it, daddy came in the room and I asked her to tell him, and she told it the same exact way. I thought about explaining that this wouldn't happen, but decided I couldn't kill her dream in that very moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment