So this week, we found out you were a little boy. Mommy was very surprised, and not surprised at the same time. It's just a strange thing, as we've only known all about girls the last few years, and it's odd to think that you will be our first little man of the family. We are all very excited for you to arrive and we've still got several months to wait.
When they told us you were a boy, your dad and I were very overwhelmed... my eyes welled up with tears, just thinking about how different it will be for us to have a boy join our family. I also thought about how lucky I will be, to get to see your father raise a son. I'm impressed with his love for Olivia, and I have no doubt he will give you the same love from the start! I can't wait to meet you... and I am truly looking forward to be witness to the bond you will have with your father.
This week was very tiring for me (and you too I am sure), as we spent the week hosting the International Partners for Daktronics. I didn't get enough sleep, and I am sure you didn't either, but we did eat very well! Last week, I had gotten ready for the conference by picking out clothes, but this week, they were all just a bit too tight, so you are moving out ;-) So I may not have looked as dressy, and I may not have even looked pregnant this week, but you joined me for the entire ride - full days, bowling, sober karaoke (yes, your mom is odd), awards banquets, and lots of work!
I thought shopping for you wouldn't be as much fun, and though it is quite different than shopping for a little girl, it is still just as much fun. I've already found some catchy duds!
Olivia is already preparing for your arrival, we talk about you a lot, and she agrees you are going to be exciting to meet. Tonight, we were reading "I'm a big sister" - and Olivia was really pleased to be able to confirm that she is going to be a good big sister.
Tomorrow is Mother's Day, and it will be the first time I get to celebrate mother's day with the family (I was in Turkey last year for the partner conference when Olivia was one) - and I look forward to celebrating with the entire family, but especially your father, your big sister, and you!
PS I hope you didn't mind the ginger wasabi mayo pineapple burgers I had tonight. It will get worse before it gets better!
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment