Olivia has a lot of phrases she says these days... the following are just a handful of words that she regularly uses and we enjoy her use of them:
"I read it Grandma"
"Money the Pooh"
"I want to watch it"
"get dressed" and "clothes on"
"I'll get it"
"touchdown!"
"do you want some?"
"naughty Mommy - naughty daddy"
who runs the world? "Girls"
"sowwy Monkey, sowwy baby"
"make it feel better"
"I yove you (insert name)"
"move it"
"I'll hold it"
"I want down"
"glasses on"
"drops in" (this is when her ears aren't doing well and she is crying because mom and dad forgot to put them in)
"take my medicine"
"it's okay"
"feel better"
"naughty monkey, no no," (insert spank) "you time out" (insert action of escorting stuffed monkey to the end of hallway for time out. what's funny is nobody we know spanks, but one day Theresa joked with the kids about spanking Benji, her little doggy, and that night Livvy re-enacted - and it stuck. she is taking everything in these days!
"Monkey Pizza" - which is apparently what you get served when a frisbee gets turned upside down and a little people's monkey is placed on top of it.
She now sings her ABC's (or at least make the right sounds) - she usually gets the abcd part and then lmn and then qrst - so we are impressed!
She identified a donut on a packet of Keurig coffee and said 'donut' as she looked at it.
Olivia can count to five on her own, identify many colors and shapes, as well as Winnie the Pooh characters.
In just the past two days, Olivia has started to identify what things are hers, but stopped using 'mine' and started using 'yayayas (Olivia's)'. For example, dad asks if he can have a bite of her food or a drink out of her cup, her response "No, yayayas" and sometimes she points and makes sure you know she is talking about herself.
Olivia had her first tinkle in the potty yesterday morning! We've been 'testing the waters' the last few days, and with many accidents under our belt (telling us after she's already gone potty or as she is going), and as of yesterday morning, we had a moment of success. She managed to pee a lot more after she stood up, so not sure if she heard it in the potty or was confused about sitting on the potty. Anyhow, we were pleased. Fortunately, we've kept some momentum up. Today, during church, she told us potty, and by the time I got to the bathroom she had gone, but at least she told us. Then today after her afternoon nap she went pee in the pot and it was full on to the last drop and she hung out there a little while longer just to read. It was true success - now we will see what the week brings!
Hanging out on the pot after I did my business, just chillin' ;-) (mom's favorite stuffed animal growing up (who apparently looks a little scary in photos), Pinky, was there for moral support):
No comments:
Post a Comment