Friday, August 6, 2010

Olivia is now 3 weeks

I can't believe 3 weeks has gone by, it just doesn't seem possible...

Stats for our little girl last three weeks:

Born on 16 July at 8 lbs and 20.5 inches
Checked out from hospital on 18 July at 7 lbs 8 ounces
Weighed in on 23 July at 7lbs 14 ounces
Weighed in on 6 August (3 week checkup) at 8 lbs 14 ounces they didn't measure her length - so we might have to do that ourselves.

So, all in all, she is gaining weight appropriately, so we are glad for that!

Things that I've noticed this week:
She now clenches things that she comes into contact with... she used to stretch and when her hands hit things she just kind of let them pass, or she'd give her 'palmer reflex' and wrap around it.. But now she clenches with more force on a regular basis, and sometimes pulls whatever it is in. I've already had my first glasses being pulled off experience, along with my first necklace being pulled down on...

She stretches her legs and pushes herself from whatever they are against - she has a lot of force!!

A lot more squeaks and squaks and grunts! She sounds like a little Pony sometimes.. it makes me giggle a lot!

At the beginning of this week she started to be a little Houdini of getting out of the swaddle. She's a strong one - so if there is any give at all with the swaddle, she works her way out of it!!

She seems to be able to roll to her side - it might be a bit of a fluke, but she manages to be on her side when I didn't put her there!

She holds her head with a little more strength/force than I'd like most times.. it makes for a more difficult latching time if she has her neck muscles tightened!

Her hair seems like it is getting lighter.. this might just be me, but I feel like it is much lighter.

She now enjoys bathtime, well at least a lot more than originally. She still enjoys the hair washing part the same as she did originally, but actually sitting in the bath is nicer for her..

No comments:

Post a Comment