Sunday, January 6, 2013

Little Brother is three months old!

I can't believe Lincoln is really 3 months old already, and at the same time, it seems like he's always been with us. I absolutely love his smile and his little giggles.  He has a sweet voice and he really talks quite a bit if you get him going (sometimes when he should be sleeping instead), and I cherish the way he lights up when he hears his sisters voice, or when she comes over and sings to him. She is such a sweet big sister, and at least for now, I can say that he definitely takes comfort in knowing she is around!
Lincoln does a lot of new things - this last month or so he's really 'come alive'… he has always been quite strong, as far as holding his head up, and putting weight on his feet (wanting to stand), however, these things are now very solid… I feel like he is going to walk in the next month ;-) Okay, not literally, but man does he wish he could! He follows us around the room and gets excited to have us looking at him and giving him direct attention - he likes to kick on the floor and have us look down at him from the couch level.  He holds his hands, and moves his hands with purpose.  He also swats at his tummy a little bit - it's amusing for us! 
He found his thumb within the last month, but it doesn’t serve him very well for self soothing. He also enjoys really eating his hands/fingers… And maybe in just the last two weeks, he grabs onto his left ear with his left hand and puts his right thumb or fingers into his mouth and pulls his ear while sucking his thumb or fingers:

Going to daycare has been a transition for us, but I think we've adjusted to it okay. He usually falls asleep on his way home, and depending on the day he will sleep in his carseat in his room until 6 into 7pm (if we're lucky :) ). He is usually excited to nurse when he wakes up - and does a lot of pulling back to smile and coo with me… it's pretty sweet, though sometimes it can distract him from the task at hand…
We just took him to the chiro on New Years day, to get a few things checked out. Nothing major, but Dr.Flaskey confirmed that his snorky nose (my term, not Doctor's) and cough aren't in his lungs, but rather only upper respiratory - and likely related to his enlarged tonsils (which he gets from his dad ;-). We were also hopign to get some relief for his evening crabbiness.  We didn't seem to get any immediate relief from that, but we are trying a few things these last few days - and it seems we are maybe doing a little bit better (more milk in each bottle at daycare and doing gas drops as often as allowed). 
We asked Dr to check his teeth, because he seems to really chew on his hands and ours, and now from a Christmas gift, he got Sophie the giraffe, which he also likes to chomp on… Dr Flaskey said we shouldn't count on anything coming in soon.
He is a stinky baby, just like Olivia, which Ben jokes that this really reflects on me since I have exclusively breastfed both of them… I don't know that I completely agree with that, though I wouldn't say I have a perfectly normal diet either!
In our opinion he is such a sweetheart - he gives the biggest smiles and nice coos, until he is fighting sleep, because he really challenges us with that. He seems to really like being swung in his car seat.. Not so easy, eh? I got calluses from trying to help over the weekend. But then there are times where he just leisurely falls asleep with little to no fuss. And we know he does really well at daycare with all the chaos and commotion - and well, Theresa has a magic touch… otherwise, she would have asked us to take him back ;-)
He weighs close to 17 pounds now!  Olivia has started calling him her "Little Peanut Butter guy" -  we aren't sure where she got this from, but we find it amusing! I've called him a little turkey (pronounced churkey) - and dad calls him his chunker.  So his nicknames are relative to his size and sweetness :-)  He fits into his 3-6 month clothes (though some - especially t-shirts are already on the small side!).  His  sleepers in that size fit him just about perfectly, and I can already put him in 6-9 month sleepers, but they do have a little room to them. This Christmas I put him in a sleeper that we had Olivia in when she would have been six months old, and well, at three months younger, filled it out a lot better than she did!

Here are a few photos from Lincoln's three month photo session (still doing in-home sessions with mom as photographer):






2 comments:

  1. Of course, I'm a huge fan of the Lincoln onesie...but I might be biased. Somehow I think I missed seeing these pics before, so good to catch up with that "little" cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also adore the little mohawk he has going on sometimes.

    ReplyDelete