Monday, September 5, 2011

Staying at Grandma & Grandpa's house for the State Fair

Olivia was being super silly for Grandpa Larry on Saturday morning... such a character!


Saturday was not the day for health for any of us...
First trip to the Donut Shop in Huron, SD.  She was joined by her cousins Brody (in photo) and Wyatt (not pictured).  She liked the Donuts!


Grandma Jean treated us to lunch at the Tailgate.  Olivia arrived late and shared a salad with her aunt Maureen.


She was intersted in all of the animals at the petting zoo.  However, she wasn't intersted in petting any of them after this first experience or two (when she didn't realize how much they really do move).  We didn't have a ton of time, but we were glad to get a chance to do this.  Next year it will be a lot more exciting for Olivia!


Our first state fair food, yes, we did let her eat deep fat fried (all beef) hotdog.  It was out of necessity though, and mom dipped it in squash. Yum! ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Great...rub it in, yet another person got to go to the Donut Shop before Sam & Greta. I will never hear the end of this.
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam and Greta haven't been to the Donut Shop!?!? What kind of Wife/Mom are you, Rachel?:) Olivia is growing so fast and I see a whole lot of Ben in her...Probably because I've known him since a babe. We saw Grandma Rella at Fair, but missed the rest of you. Maybe next time. I love your blog! Thanks for sharing. Sarah Radke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about that Rach - did I make it clear that I had never been there before either? NEVER!
    Hope that makes Sam feel a little better? Maybe he'll get to go in November?!

    Sarah - thanks for the note - she's definitely daddy's lookalike! - glad you like the blog!

    ReplyDelete