Thursday, March 17, 2011

Our eight month old "little person"

I think I say this all the time, but it is amazing how much Olivia's changed this month… She is just becoming such a little person, with a lot of personality!

Olivia started saying momma - probably around the last week of February. She also started saying her p sound the first week of March. Unfortunately for dad, she has completely backed off of saying the dadas, which she was strong with last month… She also blows raspberries a lot and makes that noise with her mouth when she's being silly. She seems to say Momma a lot more when she need something, wants something or is tired… I guess I have to get used to that? Somehow I swear it already has a whiney tone in it, which is super cute right now, but probably won't be later on? Hahah… We love her exploring her voice and making sounds and starting to 'talk' :)

She's starting to really scoot around, just not as she wants to... She's got a good base for crawling and has just started to do the butt hopping along side of it, but I don't know when she'll figure out forward momentum. When she does, look out, because she is READY to be into everything. You can see that look in her eye! She can move backwards though, which as you can imagine - can really frustrate her!!

During the last week of February, she started clapping, which is a lot of fun to see her get excited and clap. Sometimes she'll give us a 'low five' (instead of a high five), but we aren't sure if they are intentional ;-) Also, she has just recently started doing some waves goodbye. She enjoys peek-a-boo and will pull the blanket off of her to do it - or off of the other person playing. She also really enjoys being on her own in her ducky bath tub as long as she isn't too tired when she gets into it. Lastly, she has a new head bobble thing that is so funny; I am not sure if we've caught it on video, but we need to... she is hilarious when she does it - but she looks like she's a little bobble head - ear to shoulder, ear to shoulder.. I'll have to go back and upload it if I have a video of it...

She's been with a cold basically the entire month, but at least we don't have to worry about her getting ear infections from the colds? She has bronchial inflammation right now, and therefore, she is back on the nebulizer - poor thing! But it is super cute when she falls asleep during her treatments….

Her food adventures have been fun, but it is also a lot for mom and dad to keep up with. She likes Avocados as long as they are mixed with applesauce. She really enjoys pears and sweet potatoes. She eats barley cereal. She's not a fan of those green beans just yet, but she did just start on carrots and likes them just fine. She's pretty cute with sweet potato puffs, but she hasn't got it figured out just yet, she wants to get them into her mouth, but she just ends up with the puff between her little fingers and a thumb in her mouth. Hey, it could be worse I guess!

Lastly, we are pretty sure there is a top right hand tooth that wants to come through. Unfortunately it is taking its sweet time, and in the interim, mom and dad and baby aren't getting a lot of sleep regularly… Those darn teeth - can't imagine how painful that might be! She has a lot of moments where she is playing and chewing on something, just as happy as a clam, until she bites down at just a wrong angle, and YIKES - she starts bawling. Poor thing!

Hopefully we'll have pics of this new tooth soon enough :)


Last things... at eight months old, we switched over to a big girl carseat. Thanks Aunt Erika and Uncle Erik for the sweet new carseats! I think she enjoys having all that room; she's almost 19 lbs now - she needs a little extra room!



1 comment:

  1. she looks so big in that carseat!!! Isaac starting using his duckie bathtub last week. Best invention ever, I do have to say :)

    ReplyDelete